3.6.09

My first blog...

So this is my first blog.  Let's see how this turns out...

I finally met the weird guy living in the house with me today.  His name is Viktor and he is from Russia.  He is older and I am not excatly sure what he is doing in Paris, but he seems really nice.  I chatted with Viktor and Madame Soudan, my host, this evening, and I must say that it wasn't as scary as I though it was going to be!  I got a little bit if a grammar lesson on le subjonctif, and I could understand about 25% of the conversation, but it was nice to finally just talk to my host and fellow house-mate.  And to meet thy guy with whom I am sharing a bathroom.  It is hard not knowing everything that the people around are saying, and it is a stuggle to communicate, but that is why I am in Paris!

So in other news, I am absolutely loving exploring my neighborhood!  Yesterday I did laundry at the laundromat around the corner, and it was probably the most fun load of laundry I have ever experienced.  The people were just friendly and not scary, and we were all just in there united by the same goal of having clean clothes (even though I had fabric softener instead of actual detergent...at least my clothes smell good, even if they aren't actually clean)  And there is also a really sweet park right down the street!  I think it's called Monceau or something, but it is a really gorgeous park full of actual Parisians.  I think I'm going to start hanging out there more often.

Yeah, so I guess that's it for now.  I hope this is long enough.

2 comments:

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SC said...

yay that the Great Laundry Mystery is worked out! Glad you didn't have the lady I had one time in Tours years ago who went to my washer and opened it mid-cycle - water all over the laverie - everyone was completely freaked but thank goodness she left. I had to start all over and pay again and everything tho. Definitely not a typically French thing to do :) - proof there are weirdos in every country!