24.6.09

I ♥ Renoir


Today I had a great time at the Musee D’Orsay. Normally I feel as though museums have an insane kind of arrangement process and that it is really hard to find something when you are trying to find a specific painting or piece of art. Though today, I felt completely the opposite. Maybe it was because it just happened to be that the two artists that I really wanted to see were RIGHT next to each other and all in the same area, but it was so convenient. It also made walking around the museum not feel like an aimless wander (for me). Vincent Van Gogh and Pierre-Auguste Renoir were the two artists that I most wanted to see today. Van Gogh has always been my favorite artist, but I never have specifically loved another artist’s work as much as his. However, today when I went in search of paintings of my boyfriend’s grandmother’s favorite French artist, Renoir, I fell in love with another. This visit to the museum opened my eyes to another artist (even though I have seen his work in other places) who I spent the majority of my time in the museum looking at and thinking about. I even came home and researched information online about him and other works of his that were not at the Musee D’Orsay. The print of a painting that I bought for Josh’s grandmother has now created a good excuse to go back to the museum with my family and get myself the same one :) Who knew I would find my new favorite artist today? It was awesome that it happened to be a French impressionist!

2 comments:

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SC said...

who's the new one you fell in love with?? how dare you leave us hanging like that!