24.6.09

Paris, je vais tu manquez!




My time in Paris is coming to a close, and I am not too happy about this fact.  I am just not quite ready to come home!  At first I thought there were definitely some aspects of Parisian life that was a pain in the behind.  Like the lack of restrooms, the metro, walking all of the time, and not being able to use credit cards.  But as time passed, the annoyances soon grew in to just normal daily life and I learned to deal.  In fact, there are a ton of things that I am going to miss about Paris.  I am just going to make this post about all of the things I love about Paris, my favorite moments, and what I am going to miss the most about Paris.

I am really going to miss seeing people make out all of the time.  At first I was slightly disgusted and wanted to yell "LOCK IT UP!" to random couples on the street, but I have learned to appreciate the Parisian preoccupation with public displays of affection.  It is nice to see that the world is still full of love.

I am going to miss walking home at night.  This sounds bizarre, I know.  I LOVE walking from my metro stop to my apartment, especially in the evening or night.  The 17th arrondissement is home to regular Parisians and I have had so much fun just watching typical Parisians go about their days.  My neighborhood is really safe as well, so I never felt scared or sketched out.

I am going to miss the metro.  I have definitely missed having my own car, but I am going to miss some things about the metro.  I am going to miss people watching on the metro, even though everyone on the metro looks angry all of the time.  I am going to miss coming up the stairs out of a metro stop and getting that first glimpse of sun.  I am even going to miss cracking open my Paris Practique every time I want to go somewhere.

I am going to miss Clemson in Paris '09!  I have made so many new friends and I am going to miss wining and dining with everyone on a daily basis.  And I am going to miss the 18 year old drinking age.

I am going to miss actually using change.  I am going to miss seeing the Eiffel Tower and it's searchlights at night.  I am going to miss sleeping with the window open.  I am going to miss not having mosquitoes.  I am going to miss pain au chocolat.

I could go on forever, but this is pretty lengthy already.  I think you get the point that I have started enbracing all aspects of French culture, even the ones I never thought I'd love.  It just stinks that I have to leave right as I am starting to pick up new language skills and learn more about life in France.  But trust me, I will be back one day, hopefully not too far in the future!

No comments: